Industrial law and protection of industrial and intellectual property
The Law Firm considers this a highly strategic matter for those firms wishing to compete in a global market. This is the reason we are always up-to-date on a national (Industrial property code and implementing regulations, UIBM), Community level (European Commission and UAMI) and international (WIPO, EPO and WTO) level.
We provide assistance in all branches of industrial law and intellectual property, assisting our customers with trademark, patent and other intellectual property registrations.
In collaboration industrial property consultants we assist our customers from the purchase and maintenance of industrial property rights through to the respective procedures envisaged both in Italy and abroad, while protecting the rights arising from the invention and taking care of the extent and protection of patent; we manage the movement of patent rights and the transfer thereof.
Our advisory services include:
- advice on trademark protection and industrial designs
- drafting of licensing and sponsoring agreements
- opinions on the patentability and relevant filing strategy of patents
- opinions on the legal protectability of corporate trademarks, patents for inventions, models and copyrights
- opinions on the subject of violation of exclusive rights
- agreements for the transfer of technology and know-how
- counterfeiting prevention and repression activities in collaboration with the Customs authority on the basis of Regulation (EC) 1383/2003
In the event of a dispute in Italy, we assist our customers by means of various interventions at the specialist Court divisions:
- gathering of evidence (description)
- precautionary means (seizure and injunction)
- conserving means
- assistance for technical advice
- setting up of the merit process
- loss determination
- remedy measures
Assistance is also provided on an international and Community level at the EU Court of Justice.